The Gouvernement du Québec has made a commitment to become an open and transparent government. This commitment is characterized by a determination to improve public services by offering citizens, most notably, an opportunity to
- consult public information, provided in accessible and user-friendly formats;
- obtain more information about government activities;
- participate more directly in the decision-making process; and
- cooperate with government players.
Here are some of the main resources put in place to meet this commitment.
Données Québec portal
This website contains data and applications aimed at promoting enlightened decision making by all Quebecers and Québec enterprises. It also allows for the development of new ideas for improving government policies.
The information compiled on this site is accessible free of charge and can be used in several ways.
This website contains the agendas of all members of the Executive Council. The information provided in these agendas concerns their public activities as well as their meetings with non-government players.
Regulation respecting the distribution of information and the protection of personal information
At the time of its adoption in 2008, the Regulation respecting the distribution of information and the protection of personal information dealt with 15 or so categories of documents and information. After the adoption of significant amendments to the Regulation in 2015, their number increased considerably.
The purpose of the amendments, most notably, is
- the disclosure of certain expenses incurred by seniors leaders, such as ministers or deputy ministers;
- the publication of certain expenses incurred by departments and agencies;and
- the publication of documents forwarded in the context of access-to-information requests, so that these documents can be accessible to everyone.
For more information