The Québec Government Office in Mexico was established in 1980. It provides services in the economic sector, cooperation, public affairs and immigration.
Cooperation and Public Affairs
- To maintain and develop institutional relations between Québec, Mexico and the Mexican states;
- to maintain press relations with the Mexican media and help promote and present Québec events in Mexico;
- to carry out cooperation projects with Mexico in various sectors (science and technology, culture, education, etc.). Cooperation activities include exchanges of people, knowledge and information, missions, the organization of various events and the preparation of agreements and joint programs.
- To promote Québec exports to Mexico;
- to advice firms;
- to organize promotional and trade missions, whether for individuals or groups;
- to develop institutional and intergovernmental ties on both the federal and state levels, especially with government agencies responsible for foreign trade, chambers of commerce and industry and with financial and banking institutions.
Immigration Office Mandate
- Receive and evaluate applications for selection certificates from people who would like to establish permanently in Québec. The Immigration Service’s mandate presently covers all Latin America (North, Central and South America), including all countries and territories of the Caribbean.
- We do not process students or temporary employment requests, only application for permanent immigration of qualified workers.
Office Québec – Amériques pour la jeunesse
- The mandate of the Ofiice Québec-Amériques pour la jeunesse in Mexico is to create and strengthen institutional ties between organizations in Québec and Mexico in order to facilitate establishing a sustainable collaborative network to benefit young people.
- (Except for the Immigration Office, which covers Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Central America, Caribbean, French Guiana, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao)