Deciding to study in Québec
Québec is North America’s pre-eminent francophone region. It’s also a major hub for the knowledge industry and international trade. The provincial economy reflects four centuries of commercial activity, particularly along the Québec-New York corridor.
|If you decide to study in Québec, you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Benefit from a stimulating learning environment
- Acquire work experience
- Achieve fluency in French
- Enjoy a unique quality of life
Stimulating learning environment
Québec attracts students from around the world thanks to its:
- World-class research facilities and technology transfers
- Expert professors and researchers in key sectors
- State-of-the-art post-secondary institutions and vocational centres
- Affordable tuition and cost of living
The teaching approaches used in Québec are:
- Innovative and diversified
- Coop programs
- “On the ground” learning
- Case studies
- Limited class sizes facilitate discussion
- Custom-tailored to the labour market
- On-the-job internships are organized as part of coop programs
- High-tech learning is conducted in a workshop environment
Unique quality of life
You can tailor your lifestyle to suit your needs when you study in Québec. For example, you could:
- Enrol in an aeronautical engineering program in the heart of cutting-edge Montréal
- Study forestry in Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Discover the marine sciences in Rimouski’s outstanding natural environment
Whatever your interests and recreational activities, you can pursue them within easy reach of home and school.
Québec’s culture is vibrant, dynamic and one-of-a-kind, with a wide range of intercultural and international activities. Québec’s strategic position in proximity to the US Northeast acts as an economic driver.
Québec society is known for its dynamism, modernity and openness.
Life in Québec is peaceful and safe. Quebecers care deeply about justice and individual rights. The crime rate is one of the lowest in North America.
Every year, thousands of foreign students enrol in educational programs across Québec. Why not join them?
Working during and after your program of studies
Studying in Québec will enable you to acquire valuable professional experience! Various opportunities are available to work during and after your program of studies.
Study in French or English
Living in Québec also gives you a chance to develop or enhance your fluency in French. Numerous language schools are available to assist you. Please note that programs in both English and French are offered at educational institutions in Québec.