The Québec Government Office in New York (DGQNY) is Québec’s primary representation in the United States. The Office promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1940, the Office serves the Mid Atlantic region, which includes 8 states and the District of Columbia.
- promote Québec’s products and sectors of excellence;
- inform Americans of the advantages of doing business in Québec;
- Assist Québec goods and services exporters in seeking and identifying appropriate distribution channels (retailers, distributers, representatives, manufacturing agents, etc.);
- provide information and guidance pertaining to markets and regulations;
- assist companies seeking partners for joint ventures, strategic alliances, and technology transfers.
- is both a financing institution and an economic development agency;
- offers financial products and tax measures to companies wishing to expand their business internationally;
- helps these companies find a location that suits their needs and forge strategic alliances with local partners;
Communications, Government Relations and Academic Affairs
- provide information and documentation about Québec’s policies and programs;
- maintain relations with news media and press agencies serving the region;
- maintain bilateral relations with the Mid-Atlantic States
- inform universities, research centres and other interest groups of Québec’s educational initiatives;
- promote Québec studies and promote French immersion programs offered in Québec;
- coordinate Québec’s Francophonie initiatives among the region’s Francophone and Francophile communities.
- promote Québec culture and artists in the United States;
- help Québec artists and their agents, distributors and/or galleries in the United States by providing advice and financial or logistical support;
- maintain relations with distribution/broadcast networks and serve as intermediary between those networks and Québec’s cultural community and collaborate on organizing projects likely to benefit Québec.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia