Québec has maintained an office in New England since 1970, recognizing its importance as a neighbour and partner region. The Québec Delegation, based in Boston, represents Québec’s interests throughout New England.
Its mandate is to develop and provide support for economic, political and institutional exchanges with the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Increase Québec’s exports to New England and promote its industries in the region.
- Encourage scientific and technological collaborations between Québec and New England.
- Support investments from New England to Québec.
- Facilitate access for Québec companies to sources of New England capital.
- Develop and strengthen relations and cooperation between the Québec government and the governments of the six New England states, in particular by organizing official missions in sectors of shared interest (such as security, energy, the environment, transportation, education and culture) and by negotiating multi-sector or sector-specific agreements.
- Help project the image of Québec and its institutions via public relations operations and by encouraging mutually beneficial exchanges in priority sectors.
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island