The Québec Government Office in Los Angeles promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1970, the Office serves the Western America, which includes 13 States.
Public and Political Affairs
- To ensure relations with political institutions and regional organizations;
- to provide linkage between Québec and American officials during trade and political missions;
- to provide information on Québec to the general public, businesses, government and the media;
- to provide liaison with local, regional and specialized media;
- to monitor regional issues of interest to Québec;
- to promote Québec studies and Québec culture in American universities and develop relations between these institutions and potential Québec partners;
- to organize and promote appearances and exhibitions by Québec artists on the territory and by artists from the Western States at cultural events in Québec.
- to prepare market studies and provide strategic information on the West America market to Québec companies;
- to provide guidance and information on Québec's business environment (taxation, regulations, etc.) and on government assistance for investment to businesses and investors from the Western United States;
- to foster partnerships and strategic alliances between Québec and American businesses;
- to provide information and assistance to Québec businesses seeking buyers, distributors and potential partners;
- to organize seminars and conferences on trade between Québec and the U.S.;
- to monitor regional economic and market trends;
- to attend the major trade shows and economic events on the territory.
- is both a financial institution and an economic development agency;
- helps companies planning to expand operations in key sectors of the modern economy locate in Québec by providing information, support, financing and access to customized tax measures;
- also provides a wide range of services to international corporations with Québec-basedsubsidiaries;
- operates 13 offices worldwide, including one in Los Angeles from which it has been serving the US West Coast since 2004.
- New Mexico