The Québec Government is proud to offer a grant program to American Scholars, the Québec / United States University Grant Program. The program is aimed at encouraging projects on Québec at U.S. universities, in the humanities and social sciences. The main purpose of projects will be to promote better understanding of Québec and/or its relations with the United States, or which involve a substantial element of comparison with Québec.
The Ministère des Relations internationales, de la Francophonie et du Commerce extérieur (MRIFCE) is particularly interested in research in the following priority areas:
- bilateral relations between Québec and the United States
- the economy and bilateral trade
- security and border issues
- environmental, energy and natural resource issues
- sustainable transportation issues
- immigration issues
- comparative studies of governmental and economic policies
- Québec international relations and public diplomacy
- Québec identity and cultural policies
- issues related to Québec government priorities.
Québec / United States University Grant Program
We are currently accepting applications for projects in the non-competitive category. The competition will remain open until all funds have been awarded.
We are also currently accepting applications for projects in the competitive category: Applications for the competitive category must be submitted by December 9, 2013.
Non competitive grants