Measures Taken by Services Québec to Create an Accessible Government Services Portal
Services Québec is subject to the gouvernement du Québec’s three Web accessibility standards (in French), adopted on May 10, 2011:
- accessibility standard for websites (SGQRI 008-01);
- accessibility standard for downloadable documents (SGQRI 008-02);
- accessibility standard for multimedia websites (SGQRI 008-03).
As Services Québec began compliance work before the adoption date, several rules set out in the standards have already been applied to various pages of the Portal. However, the Portal is not yet standard compliant.
Our organization will make every effort to implement all the conditions required to ensure that the next Portal enhancements are compliant. Likewise, following the verifications conducted throughout 2011, we will also apply additional patches for currently offered information and features to create even greater accessibility for people with disabilities.
The Portal has been tested with the following computer adaptive technologies:
- Non Visual Desk Accessibility (NVDA) 2010.2
- Jaws 11.0
- Firefox 3.6
- Internet Explorer 8
- Accessibility Evaluation Toolbar 184.108.40.206 for Firefox
- NoSquint 2.1.2, for Firefox
- Accessibility Toolbar 1.2 for Internet Explorer
- Color Contrast Analyser 2.2
- WCAG Contrast Checker 1.1.02 for Firefox
The most recent versions of these tools will be used in patch verifications.
The gouvernement du Québec’s three Web accessibility standards can be downloaded from http://www.tresor.gouv.qc.ca/ressources-informationnelles/standards-sur-laccessibilite-du-web/ .